1) How To Tie Basic Knots
- Animated Tutorials For Every Knot
- Video: How To Tie 7 Basic Knots
- Video: How To Tie A Basic Windsor Knot
- Video: The World’s Fastest Shoelace Knot
Everyone should know how to tie a proper knot. Head over to your local outdoors shop where you can buy climbing rope by the foot. A 10′ rope should be sufficient to learn all of the basic knots. These knots will come in handy in all kinds of situations, especially in emergencies.
2) Meditation (Anxiety and Stress)
- Video: Breathing Exercises To Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Guide: Meditation For Beginners
- Video: 5 Minute Desk Yoga
Mindful breathing works wonders for your mental health. 10 minutes of meditation is like taking a Xanax. It will test your patience at first but once you get the hang of it you’ll make it a daily practice. If work is making you stressed take 10 minutes to slow breathe and get your mind right.
3) How To Properly Fold Shirts
- Video: How To Fold A Button Down Dress Shirt
- Video: 3 Ways To Fold A T-Shirt
- Video: How To Fold Clothes For Travel
I wish I would have stumbled upon these tutorials years ago. Until now I haphazardly rolled my clothes up and shoved them in my drawers. Properly folding your clothes also reduces wrinkles and makes traveling with dress clothes less of a headache.
4) Windows Hotkeys
I recently challenged myself to not use my mouse when sitting at my computer. It was hard at first but once I learned all of the keyboard shortcuts I know navigate around my desktop like a pro. I was using my mouse as a crutch instead of utilizing the built-in shortcuts built right into the Windows operating system.
5) Google Search Operators
Most people don’t know that Google has many built-in search functions that get you what you need without having to open separate programs or websites. Searching efficiently makes you better at whatever you job is.
Advanced Search Operators In Action:
- Movies Currently Playing In Chicago Illinois
- 4 + 2 – 3 X 4=
- define: gaslighting
- google cheat sheet filetype:pdf
Who hasn’t lost their keys at some point? Lockpicking comes in handy during emergency situations and also when you find yourself locked out of your car. You can find lockpicking kits on Amazon or you local hobby store. A basic lock pick can be learned in under 20 minutes.
7) Basic Knitting
Knitting isn’t just for grandma anymore. I’ve found it to be very therapeutic while sitting during downtime and also a useful skill when repairing ripped clothing.
8) Nato Phonetic Alphabet
Learning the phonetic alphabet can come in handy when trying to spell out words or bad phone connections and can be a life-saver if you find yourself trying to communicate in emergency situations.
Here they are:
5) How To Properly Fold Shirts