1) There Are As Many As 90,000 Active Missing Person Cases In The U.S. at Any Given Time
While some of these people may very well be living under different identities it’s disturbing nonetheless.
2) There Are Approximately 20-30 Million Slaves In The World Today
These 20+ million people are living as forced laborers, forced prostitutes, child soldiers, child brides in forced marriages and, in all ways that matter, as pieces of property, chattel in the servitude of absolute ownership.
3) The Crew Of The Doomed Space Shuttle Challenger Didn’t Die Instantly
The crew inside was alive and well until the capsule hit the water at 200+ miles per hour.
4) The First Firefighter Killed In The 9/11 Attacks Was Struck In The Head By a Falling Human Body
Two people killed simultaneously — one on his way in, the other on their way out.
5) Your Eyelashes Are Full Of Microscopic Mites
They live, lay eggs and reproduce in your eyelashes.
6) Hundreds Of People Per Year Experience Anesthesia Paralysis
People go under anesthesia for hours at a time for during surgeries. Sometimes it doesn’t work, however. Some people’s bodies fall asleep but they stay conscious. Pretty disturbing.
7) 70% of American Adults are Overweight or Obese
I don’t see this getting better anytime soon.
8) Ants Outnumber People 1,000,000 to 1
They’re everywhere and you may not know it.
9) A Blue Whale Has Veins So Large You Can Swim Inside of Them
The biggest animals on planet earth, blue whales can also live to 200 years old.
10) CPR Only Works 7% Of The Time
Not like in the movies where it works 100% of the time.
11) We’ve Only Explored 5% Of Our Planet’s Oceans
Screw going to Mars, maybe we should be building exploration bases on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.